Friday, August 6, 2010

Grilled Chicken Pasta In Creamy Tomato Sauce

This is an AMAZING pasta dish.
It's pretty much identical to my cajun chicken pasta (haven't tried it yet? What are you waiting for?? Go here and make it asap! It's delicious!!! You won't be disappointed)
Don't be intimidated by the list of ingredients, it really isn't hard to make at all.
Just takes a bit of multitasking, which I know you all are.. right? :)

Ingredients:
*1 LB Boneless Chicken Breasts
*Montreal Steak Seasoning
*1/2 LB Penne Pasta
*2 Tbs Butter
*2 Tbs Olive Oil
*1 Tbs Fresh Chopped Parsley (I used parsley from my spice rack)
*6-8 Basil leaves, chopped (again I used mine from my spice rack)
*Minced garlic, to taste
*1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
*1 (8oz) Tomato sauce
*1 Cup heave whipping cream
*Salt & pepper to taste


Cook pasta according to package (make sure to add a bit of olive oil or salt to prevent noodles from sticking)

Meanwhile, season both sides of your chicken with steak seasoning.
Heat butter and oil in pan.
When hot, add chicken. Cook both sides for 5 minutes each, or until no longer pink.

In another large pot- heat 2 Tbs of butter and 2 Tbs oil on medium heat.
When butter is melted add garlic (I eye it) and cook until tender.
Do not let the garlic turn brown. Stir frequently.
When garlic is tender add in chicken broth.
Turn heat to medium high. Let broth reduce by half.
Then pour in tomato sauce and heavy whipping cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
Reduce to low.
Add chopped basil and parsley and stir together. Mix well.
Let it warm.

Drain noodles and add to sauce. Top with chicken.
Top with parmesan cheese-optional.

*Side note: I doubled the sauce recipe because when you make a single recipe it seemed a bit dry to me and I love my pasta saucyer (a word? it is now!) especially for left overs. And this dish makes LOTS of left overs!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment