Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicken Noodle Spaghetti Bake

I didn't get to take a picture of this before we ate it, but I am sure you can picture it in your mind.  I was drawn to this recipe originally because it has all the ingredients I have in my pantry, food storage and freezer in it.  Which is the type of recipe I look for all the time.  It was good and is a recipe that can have many different variations.


Ingredients:

  • 2 - 3 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Jar/Can of your favorite pasta sauce
  • 2 Cups of shredded cheese
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • 1/2 a box of spiral pasta
  • Salt & Pepper to taste.

Directions:

  • Grille, Sautee or Poach the chicken then shred it.
  • Sautee the onions until soft.
  • Cook the noodles to package instructions, but drain and stop the cooking process right before they are fully cooked.
  • Mix the jar of pasta sauce, 1 cup of the cheese, the noodles and the shredded chicken.
  • Put it all in a greased 9 x 9 casserole dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
  • Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
  • Makes 4 good sized portions and great with garlic bread and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment