Friday, July 23, 2010

Sugar Cookies

These are my favorite ever sugar cookies. I love them. They have a special secret ingredient that makes them delicious!

Cream together:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar I know it sounds weird but it works!
1 1/2 c. sugar
Add:
1 c. oil I skipped on the oil today and they were still really good.
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract *special secret ingredient*
Mix in:
1 t. cream of tarter
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
5 c. flour

Roll into golf ball sized balls (I used my melon baller) and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. (If they are brown on top, that means it is burnt.
When completely cool, frost.

Frosting:
2-2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. oil Once again. Sounds weird, but good.
2 t. almond extract *Special secret ingredient*
3-4 T. milk
Coloring

Mix adding powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is achieved.

Enjoy!!

1 comment: