Thursday, December 9, 2010

Super Easy & Delicious Dinner with many variations!

As I was struggling the other day trying to think of something to make for dinner my friend recommended I try this and after trying I am now a HUGE fan! It is delicious and super simple. Not to mention you can make many different variations of it.
Sorry no pictures..I'm always a slacker on that one. Next time I make this if I remember I will take a picture and post it.

Chicken with Scalloped Potatoes Casserole

Wash and peel your potatoes (I used 4)
Slice your potatoes as thin as you can (the thinner they are the quicker they cook)
Place them in your pyrex baking dish (grease the dish first, of course!)
I then cut up 2 whole chicken breasts into smaller pieces (we like it bite-size rather than a big chunk of breast)
Place on top of the potatoes then season with salt and pepper.
In a separate dish mix whatever cream of soups you like/want. I used 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken.
Add a cup of milk and mix well then pour over top of the chicken and potatoes in the baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for approx 1 hour.

Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!

The variations you can make are the types of soup you use or instead of chicken you can use pork chops or instead of potatoes you can use rice! I have to admit this is my new favorite home cooked meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment